This describe the observations requested for the AuxTel Imaging Surveys during the 2022-03 run. Separate tickets will be created and linked to report on the detailed processing of the images, so this ticket will be considered done once the observations have been confirmed to be completed. There are three target fields considered for observation:
1) Southern Celestial Pole - observable all night
2) E6-A 14:45:33 -45:15:34 observable after 22:30 local time
3) MD-02 03:32:24 -27:48:00 observable until 21:30 local time
1) Southern Celestial Pole in g',r',i' filters. These are quick and only require a few pointings, less than 30min total.
2) E6-A in g',r',i' filters. Each sequence of pointings takes about 2hrs to observe the entire sqr degree field. It is unlikely we will be able to complete all three filters in the same night, can be observed on separate nights.
3) MD-02 in r',g' filters. Each sequence of pointings takes about 2hrs to observe the entire sqr degree field. It is unlikely we will be able to complete both r' and g' in the same night, can be observed on separate nights.
The MD-02 field is setting quickly at the beginning of the night and data processing is currently on hold for this field due to the low source counts. Please consider this the lowest priority field of the three.
Observation Mode: Scheduler driven; see notes on scheduler requirements below.
Observer Instructions: These observations should be entirely scheduler driven and will not require direct intervention or notebook interaction once initiated. Please note any images with obvious issues (e.g. readout issue, telescope tracking lost, etc) in the nightlog.
Observing Conditions Required: Can tolerate some clouds and poor seeing. Please consider other observations if cloud extinction is greater than 3mag (e.g. thick coverage with only very bright stars visible) or seeing is worse than 2.0".
Scheduler Setup Details:
Southern Celestial Pole - please use the same scheduler setup as previously used and include the following metadata:
REASON: Southern Pole
MD-02 - please use the same scheduler setup as previously used and include the following metadata:
REASON: Pan-STARRS MD02
E6-A - this is a re-visit of the field we will be visiting every run until it sets in August. Please use the same tile pattern we used for the 2022-02 run, it is okay to re-start the observations without considering the pointings completed in the previous run. Please include the following metadata: