Server side Rotation and Flipping is slow and require server calls which can demand large chunks of memory. It is also problematic in the book keeping required for mask overlays and WCS matching. Performance could be better for time series tools and finder chart.
The browser now has the technology (HTML5 Canvas) to do the operations on the client side instantly.
Research and begin to work on these client side operations. Work on or identify how to tackle the following issues:
- Using canvas to do the rotation
- Using canvas to do the flipping
- Finding and install packages to help with the affine transforms
- Using canvas to render images tiles instead of laying out div's
- Identify any new transforms coordinate systems.
- work on adapting the drawing layers.
- adapting wcs match and target match
- Converting downloading jpeg calls
For any work that is just identified but not completed make the related tickets and link them back to this one.
This branch should be kept separately from dev until we can do extra testing. There should be a separate ticket just for testing (link it back here).