In an effort to bring this to a conclusion, I suggest:
- I understand the scope of this ticket only to be in reference to the literals Sigma and Err in naming quantities in DM documentation. It does not cover e.g. the use of “sigma” in narrative text or the symbol \sigma.
- We exclude LDM-153 from this ticket, and assume it is handled on
- We agree that any attempt to comprehensively update all change-controlled documentation is too large a time investment at this stage: some change-controlled documents are just note worth the effort (e.g. LDM-227).
Given those caveats, a quick search of (the master versions of) LDM and LSE documents included in the dm-docs repository indicates that the following documents are affected:
- LSE-163 (I assume this is correct, since it originates the convention)
- LDM-639 (Uses the terms only when quoting pipeline output; I propose that this usage does not need changing)
- LDM-533 (as per LDM-639)
- LDM-17 (A report on a 2009-era data challenge which refers to getXErr(); I propose to ignore this)
I propose, therefore that there is no further work to be done on this ticket, and we should simply close it. Objections?