With DMTN-030 we have a conceptual design for Science Pipelines package documentation design. I've realized part of that concept in pipe_base documentation (
DM-1253). The next step is to document these content patterns and the Git repository layout more precisely so that the pipe_base documentation effort can be replicated by anyone in any other package.
- It's filled with non-essential content (like a pybind11 example)
- It's hard in that example format to document libraries of repeatable content snippets, like Task documentation pages, for example, that aren't essential parts of a package, but are nontheless standardized.
This ticket is intended to prototype a new organization of the lsst/templates repository that allows more effective documentation of both package structure and documentation templates.
Some design goals are:
- Eventual compatibility with cookiecutter.
- Ability to document repeating content fragments in a way where an original source of truth is clear, and that templated information is propagated throughout the template project.
- Ability to have template documentation alongside the template itself.