Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Design Documents
Wil, Frossie, Tim, and I have discussed a new change-controlled document Git repository workflow to replace the current policy (release on master, work on draft).
The basic features of the new workflow are:
- Development on master in ticket branches. In general, document development should mirror code development workflows.
- Release branches (named after the corresponding RFC or LCR) that are never merged back to master.
- The release manager backports commits on the release branches (amendments requested by a CCB) to the master branch.
- Tags for docushare upload number and document version.
- A moving tag for the docushare preferred version.
These tags are an API for LSST the Docs (lsst.io) and for future DocuShare automation.