The optical distortion model is backwards.
obs_test plate scale is wrong
Update obs_ctio0m9 to work following DM-5922
Fix identification of overrides in write recipes
I added a unit test for this to obs_base. That pull request is here https://github.com/lsst/obs_base/pull/71 (since the branch had not shown up in JIRA when I wrote this).
Note that I fixed a few flake8 issues in obs_base cameraMapper.py (including one code error), but a code error remains that is being fixed in DM-12041
Handful of comments in the PR, but it looks good in general.
Thank you for the quick and helpful review. I adopted your suggestions.