(This ticket has evolved considerably from its initial content; I'm rewriting the description rather late in the implementation to make it more accurate and provide more reasonable stopping criteria).
Put together a set of scripts for populating Gen3 Registry databases from Gen2 data repositories, with a focus on being able to generate a Registry test dataset from ci_hsc.
This will have a few limitations relative to the more full-featured script we'll need for converting more important Gen2 repositories:
- No Datastore/StorageInfo content will be written yet (just Registry itself).
- Only HSC data will be supported.
- We'll assume a 1-1 relationship between Exposures and Visits.
- We will not try to convert calibration repositories.
- No spatial join tables will be populated.
- All entries in parent repos will be included in the Collections created for their children, rather than trying to limit this to just the relevant DataUnits/DatasetTypes.