Type: Technical task
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Systems Engineering
Currently I'm using the "OSS Template" for LSE-140. This means that the .rtf resulting from a docgen always has to have its headers edited to reflect the correct document name and handle.
This is fairly difficult for me to fix, I believe, without EA administrator permissions.
OK, so the plan is that we'll just hand-edit the headers this time?
What about all the excess "ID: (blank)" lines? Hand-edit them away, too? Or is there a simple fix for that?
Yes, hand edit this time.
I've spent a fair amount of time in the past trying to figure out the issue with the ID blank lines. I've even submitted some questions on the EA forums about that and haven't gotten a good response. It seems to be an internal EA issue not directly associated with the rtf template scripting.
I have noticed a loose correlation between the newer the version of the SysML Requirement element being used and the more lines shown. For example, SysML 1.3 requirements have 5 lines, and older versions have 1, 2, etc. lines.
Completed manually instead of via template. An issue remains for the future.
I'm working right now on a few new templates. We also have some existing templates in the LSST set in the model that work better right now. Within a day or two we'll have even better ones.
I'm working on an EADocX template to replace the .rtf ones. Rather than fix the .rtf template, I'll just make sure the new template pulls in the source/parent package name as the header. I'll get back to this after the current round of ICDs updates.