Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:SUIT Sprint 2018-03, SUIT Sprint 2018-04
Team:Science User Interface
- Create a method for the application to configure the list containing popular HiPS data.
- Research what information to report for the HiPS data list in addition to data's type, title and url.
- is blocked by
DM-13251 HiPS images: UI design discussion
- relates to
DM-13624 Create HiPS survey loading framework, implement more control over popular surveys
- links to
per discussion with Trey Roby regarding HiPS list UI, instead of creating methods for app to configure the list containing popular HiPS data, here is the modification,
- Create a method to let the application to configure the available HiPS sources and HiPS sources selection for the creation of HiPS list.
- For the application, two app option parameters are provided,
- hips.hipsSources: available HiPS sources where HiPS list can be created from. ex: 'cds,irsa', 'all', etc. If not specified, all available HiPS sources are assumed.
- hips.defHipsSources: default HiPS sources selected from the available HiPS sources. if not specified, the first item from the available HiPS sources is assumed.
- For UI, checkboxes are used to present the available HiPS sources and selected ones.
Per proposal on HiPS map list, https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-13855
the following columns are included in the HiPS-selection list for current PR, https://github.com/Caltech-IPAC/firefly/pull/569,
- obs_title (text, field needs to be fairly wide)
- obs_regime (text, a single word)
- hips_release_date (an ISO-8601 date)
- hips_frame (text, a single word)
- hips_order (a one or two digit integer)
- hips_pixel_scale (if available; a float in units of degrees)
- moc_sky_fraction (a floating point number, dimensionless)
For collecting the values for the above keywords, HiPS list services from various HiPS server is called first, and further HiPS properties services (<hips_service_url>/properties) is called in case any of the above keyword is missing from the first call.
For HiPS of non image type (cube, catalog), the fields would be considered to be updated and presented by some UI elements in the future.
This ticket could cover item 3 and 6 raised in IRSA-1554:
Based on above decision about the expectation from the UI, we could add a column with a link to those properties if time permit, otherwise, add column with properties URL and hide the original one.