Fix Version/s: None
This Epic captures additional work on the Gen3 middleware system that will not be necessary for
DM-13391 or DM-13392, but will ultimately be necessary for the retirement of the Gen2 middleware. Stories associated with this Epic are thus generically lower-priority than those in the other Epics, but may be completed in S18 when higher-priority work is blocked.
This may include (but is not limited to):
- Additional development of composites in Registry and Datastore.
- Development of additional Datastores (e.g. database- or S3-backed).
- More sophisticated functionality for Formatters, including lossless compression.
- Transfers between data repositories.
- Raw data and other ingest support.
- Registry and Datastore support for lossy compression.
- User-friendly interface for SuperTask Preflight and Execution.
- Additional SuperTask executors (Condor/shared-nothing, Slurm MPI-based pools).
- Additional Gen3 camera-customizations.
We do not expect to complete all of this work in S18, but what work is completed will depend on who is blocked when.