Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:SUIT Sprint 2018-05, SUIT Sprint 2018-06, SUIT Sprint 2018-07
Team:Science User Interface
Get some HSC sample data to make sure that Firefly can read and display them properly.
The reprocessed HSC data could be accessed from lsst-dev.ncsa.illinois.edu at
- Wiki Page
Wiki Page Loading...
HSC data from 'Reprocessing of the HSC RC2 dataset', https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/DM/Reprocessing+of+the+HSC+RC2+dataset, at the repo path, /datasets/hsc/repo/rerun/RC/w_2018_18/
DM-14243/, is explored. (data at any other repo path can be read and displayed using the following steps)
In order to view HSC data from Firefly UI, please try the steps below,
(the steps and the scripts used are made per instructions and utility file, filetable.py, which uploads table of files matching a pattern to a FireflyCleint, for file browser application on lsst-dev prepared by David Shupe)
- login lsst-dev: ssh lsst-dev.ncsa.illinois.edu
- open browser window with tri-view: https://lsst-demo.ncsa.illinois.edu/firefly/?__wsch=browse-files
- run the following scripts on your lsst-dev term:
4. run the script to start the file browser on lsst-dev (FITS file list will be shown on Firefly UI)
/home/cwangdev/hscData/getHSCFiles <HSC data location> <fits filename pattern> ; if no <fits file name pattern> is specified, all fits files at the relevant location are listed.
ex. /home/cwangdev/hscData/getHSCFiles /datasets/hsc/repo/rerun/RC/w_2018_18/
(files with path like /datasets/hsc/repo/rerun/RC/w_2018_18/
DM-14243/00814/HSC-Y/corr/CORR-*-008.fits are listed in 'Table-1' as shown in firefly_browser.png)
From the file browser, you can select and explore HSC FITS file by the following steps,
- from column 'path' of Table-1, copy one fits path
- go to 'Upload' page, select radio button 'Upload from URL', paste the copied fits path, and click button 'Upload'
- FITS file summary is listed and FITS image or table can be further selected and searched.
note: step 1-4 provides a way to browse the url path of HSC data at specific location with specific filename pattern. You may skip the steps and enter the url string into Firefly 'Upload' page manually.
The following HSC data (FITS data) are explored and readable by using Firefly,
DM-14243/<number for single epoch>/<filter>/corr/CORR* , BKGD , skyCorr*, calexp-*
, SRCMATCH, SRCMATCHFULL-, SRC-*
/deepCoadd-results/filter/tract/patch/celexp-*, det-, det-bkgd-, meas-, srcMatch-, forced_src-, srcMatchFull-
Sporadicly checked the files and they are all displayed properly in Firefly. I created a ticket to improve viewing a list of files (with mixed FITS images and tables). DM-15083
HSC RC reprocess status page