There are several components related to publishing an official science pipeline release:
- jenkins instance
- s3 bucket for eups tags/products
- s3 bucket for doxygen builds
- an Apache directory format indexed site to host the (s3 backed) EUPS_PKGROOT
- a site to access doxygen
- github org hosting git repos for eups products (uses github API)
- remote versiondb git repo (pure git remote – not currently required to be github; must be writable)
- https accessible copy of newinstall.sh
- remote git repos for CI related build tools: eg., lsstsw, ci-scripts) (not required to be github; read-only)
- docker registry hosting images for build tools and science-pipeline base images (can be read-only)
- docker registry to which science-pipeline release images are published (must be writable)
- squash instance to publish validate_drp results to
To date, there has never been complete end-to-end testing of the release process external to the production environment.
DM-14138 added support to sqre-codekit to allow previously hard-coded urls to be overridden but further effort is needed to allow the jenkins jobs and jenkins instance configuration to support alternative environments.