Fix Version/s: None
What I did:
- Display 2MASS color HiPS map
- zoom in the image several times to FOV 56'
- search WISE catalog at M31, radius 100"
- since there is an image already, no new background image is displayed for the catalog search results to overlay on
- But I don't see my catalogs on the 2MASS image (because it was not visible after the zoom)
- I click on the "center image" icon, the image is centered close Galactic (0,0) point
Since I did a catalog search on M31, the image should be centered on M31. So I can see my catalog search results overlaid on the image. It should not matter that the position was entered after the image was displayed.
the hips image projection center is changed based on the search target when
- doing catalog search, center will be the position used to do the search
- changing the active table when there are multiple tables displayed, recenter the HiPS image to the position associated with the result table.
- links to
What shall happen if there is another search with position m51? The table data in active tab may not be the "current" position. What should happen when user click on other tab to view the table data? Maybe we should use the position associated with the table results in the active tab to center the image.