Following discussions from LSST Project and Community Workshop 2018 in Tucson, AZ, this "Super-epic" is part of the planning process and landing page for all work related to potential proofs of concept for cloud deployment of the Data Management System (https://dmtn-078.lsst.io)
I intend on having this epic as the go-to point for all LSST and Google personnel to add their thoughts, questions, concerns, ideas and management planning in the comment section. Any actual work-planning will go into topic specific epics that will be added to the "relates-to" section of this epic as that effort develops and is assigned.
- The main points of contact for Google and LSST respectively are J Ross Thomson and Vaikunth Thukral
- First official meeting is set for Tuesday Sep 4th at 10am PST at ls.st/hhb (zoom)
- The plan is to have bi-weekly meetings for all interested parties in the same timeslot – every other Tue at 10am PST
- Work planning for Google will be added as stories within the "relates-to" epics and assigned to Ross, who will bring in relevant personnel from their Professional Services Organization (PSO) depending on the type of work
- Work planning for LSST personnel, when required, will go under their respective team's epics/WBS. For example, for the DAX team, since we are at the 3 month mid-cycle point we will be creating a "Google PoC Support" epic
- All relevant documentation should be linked in the comments in this epic