Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:Arch 2018-11-12, Arch 2018-11-19, Arch 2018-11-26
Update LDM-572 on the Chilean DAC accounting for a more concrete approach in terms of machines etc.
- ??? user compute nodes with a total of 300+ cores (number of nodes TBD based on cores/CPU, CPUs/node), max configurable memory, and LSP installed and networked with at least 2 x 1 Gbps NICs
- Sufficient storage for 1500 home directories (local storage on compute nodes) totaling ??? TB/node (or use networked storage for home directories as well?)
- Sufficient storage for DR2 catalogs and image files, with catalogs hosted in qserv, networked via multiple 10 Gbps connections to achieve an aggregate i/o throughput of at least ???.
- Sufficient storage for 1 PB of user-generated data sets networked via multiple 10 Gbps connections to achieve aggregate i/o throughput of at least ???.
- Network capabilities for the DAC will be based on single Top of Rack switches (not dual as formerly estimated). Other non-DAC racks will have dual TOR switches.
Note that the above presumes all of the remaining BDC infrastructure identified in LSE-309 and listed in the table I sent last time, e.g. IDM, archivers/forwarders, etc. Those items, while not part of the Chilean DAC, will be integrated with the DAC as necessary (e.g Puppet/GSS, IDM, etc.).