We discussed this at last Thursday's IPAC standup.
We identified three URL endpoints (so far) that will be associated with Firefly applications in the LSST Portal environment:
- The main Portal application (comparable to the present PDAC-era Portal, or to IRSA Viewer);
- The time series viewer; and
- The "Slate" application on which firefly_client, display_firefly, and the LSST-exposed JupyterLab extension functionality depend.
We also discussed whether the main Portal Firefly application will appear directly at the (instance-FQDN)/portal URL or whether to provide a Portal "landing page". The decision is to do the latter, to provide a place for the provision of documentation and, we hope, future deep links to searches of specific tables.
It was also decided that the "time series" and "slate" applications will actually be entry points to the main Portal application, and appear at URL pathnames "below" the main application.
The concrete proposal is:
- Main Portal application: (instance-FQDN)/portal/app
- Time series viewer: (instance-FQDN)/portal/app/ts.html
- Slate: (instance-FQDN)/portal/app/slate.html
The remaining work in this ticket is to include the above in the documentation of Portal endpoints in DMTN-076.
I will create new tickets for
- Loi to build the combined application that includes the Portal and both endpoints; and
- some combination of Adam and David S. to ensure that the correct URL is used for the Python APIs.
We'll also need a ticket (for Adam?) for the redeployment of the "suit" and "firefly" containers as a single entity in the LSP instances.