Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:TSSW Sprint - Mar 18 - Mar 30, TSSW Sprint - Apr 1 - Apr 13, TSSW Sprint - Apr 15 - Apr 27, TSSW Sprint - Apr 29 - May 11
Team:Telescope and Site
Write a initial version of the "slew telescope script".
Patrick and Tiago suggested that you review this, as a learning opportunity for writing and using SAL scripts. As such they suggested that in addition to reading the code, you also run the script. This will require:
- Build SALPY libraries for Script, ScriptQueue, ATPtg and ATMCS, e.g. using make_salpy_libs.py Script ScriptQueue ATPtg ATMCS.
- Obtain and run the tiagorib/ptkernel:new_xml Docker container. This launches the CSC automatically.
You may also find this link helpful: https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=102469237
Then in one (or more, if you prefer) lsst/queue:develop Docker containers:
- Run the ATMCS simulator with run_atmcs_simulator.py &
- Run the ScriptQueue, e.g. run_script_queue 2 $TS_STANDARDSCRIPTS_DIR/scripts $TS_STANDARDSCRIPTS_DIR/scripts & (you can set the 2nd argument to the external scripts dir if you prefer, but you won't be using any). 2 is the index for the AuxTel ScriptQueue.
- Run request_script.py 2 to launch the script.
Yes, good learning opportunity it was. How the team is using docker containers and interacting with SAL helped see and understand the usefulness in being able to build in a few commands.
For the review Tiago Ribeiro was helping me get the run going and we ran into a type conflict. When running the slew script it would complain that the arguments being passed to the script screw for the Ra and Dec were of the wrong type. Tiago told me this is because there may have been an update to one of the containers to use a different type than the floats it was being asked.
I closed my terminals for these runs but I can bring them up again and paste the output for them if it is helpful.
The output would be helpful. The unit test passes when using ts_xml 3.9. Perhaps one of the CSCs you talked to is using an incompatible version of ts_xml?
Pull request: https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_standardscripts/pull/7