Uploaded image for project: 'Data Management'
  1. Data Management
  2. DM-19772

SQRE network routing reconfig post NOAO core changes

    Details

      Description

      NOAO/Tucson CIS is planning to re-plumb the core network on Saturday, 2019-05-18.  DM Jenkins OSX builds will need to be disabled/reenabled before/after this work and a console cable will need to be connected to the SQRE layer3 switch for manual reconfiguration.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Show
            jhoblitt Joshua Hoblitt added a comment - c.l.o. announcement: https://community.lsst.org/t/jenkins-osx-builds-to-be-disabled-on-friday-2019-05-17-until/3704
            Hide
            jhoblitt Joshua Hoblitt added a comment -

            OSX builds were disabled on Friday and re-enabled this afternoon after connecting to sqre-sw1.lsst.cloud with a serial cable to reconfigure the uplink interface and routing.

            I also tried, unsuccessfully, to get the PDU to move off of a dynamic DHCP lease to the static lease that has always existed for it. I tried (obviously...) clearing the dhcp dynamic leases (over and over again), manually setting a dhcp hostname on the pdu, updating the firmware from 3.3.x -> 3.5.x, removing the hostname part of the static lease, setting the pdu to a static IP and then back to dhcp, and creating an additional static leases with a bogus mac to reserve the IP it was getting a lease for – it then ended up getting a lease for another IP. There is clearly something very strange with the dhcp interaction between the PDU and the junos. This is doubly strange as the KVM in the same subnet is also a raritan and presumably running similar firmware. I think the next step would need to be flashing the switch firmware before starting to file bugs with the vendors, which I do not want to having to deal with in the coming week.

            Show
            jhoblitt Joshua Hoblitt added a comment - OSX builds were disabled on Friday and re-enabled this afternoon after connecting to sqre-sw1.lsst.cloud with a serial cable to reconfigure the uplink interface and routing. I also tried, unsuccessfully, to get the PDU to move off of a dynamic DHCP lease to the static lease that has always existed for it. I tried (obviously...) clearing the dhcp dynamic leases (over and over again), manually setting a dhcp hostname on the pdu, updating the firmware from 3.3.x -> 3.5.x , removing the hostname part of the static lease, setting the pdu to a static IP and then back to dhcp, and creating an additional static leases with a bogus mac to reserve the IP it was getting a lease for – it then ended up getting a lease for another IP. There is clearly something very strange with the dhcp interaction between the PDU and the junos. This is doubly strange as the KVM in the same subnet is also a raritan and presumably running similar firmware. I think the next step would need to be flashing the switch firmware before starting to file bugs with the vendors, which I do not want to having to deal with in the coming week.

              People

              • Assignee:
                jhoblitt Joshua Hoblitt
                Reporter:
                jhoblitt Joshua Hoblitt
                Watchers:
                Joshua Hoblitt
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: