The close of
DM-19951 describes a new design for how we create an initial WCS from the raw exposure VisitInfo metadata. This ticket is to implement that design. In summary:
- Write tests against sensor bounding boxes on known data (e.g. testdata_*).
- Write a new function to create a SkyWcs from VisitInfo and Detector (createInitialSkyWcs?).
- Call that function from exposureFromImage.
- Reorder the reading of raw VisitInfo and WCS metadata to deal potential metadata stripping problems.
- Check that all existing cameras use this code path, and not some custom Exposure metadata handling.
- Turn off addDistortionModel in ISR for all cameras, so that the above WCS does not get overwritten.