Q3, co-locating a broker at NCSA
- oh yeah, agree reasonable to be set aside for now
Q4, the fact that LOI and proposals are not shared publicly
- this isn't stated explicitly but is implicit in LDM-612 Section 4.3 "The Broker Selection Panel" which describes that the proposals are evaluated by a designated panel, and that's sufficient (i think)
Though, in Section 4.2 the phrase "LSST is conducting an open proposal process" could potentially be misconstrued as the proposals being open for community comment/review.
Q5, the number of full-stream brokers supported
- LDM-723, Section 1 "Process", paragraph 2
- LDM-612, Section 4.8 "Determining the Number of Community Brokers"
Q6, postage stamp handling options
- LDM-723, Section 5.2.2, "Stream Access"
Side note, the "we" language in LDM-723 threw me a bit... e.g., LDM-723 Section 1 says "... although we reserve the right to select fewer brokers to connect during commissioning and the first year of operations". I think maybe the "we" isn't quite right because it's the SAC makes the selections/recommendations, not the authors of LDM-723? Section 4.8 of LDM-612 has maybe more accurate wording, e.g., "The broker selection panel may elect to make guaranteed and provisional selections based on these estimates. A subset of brokers may be selected for integration during the commissioning and early operations phases, with additional brokers joining as the survey reaches steady state."