Fix Version/s: None
- is triggered by
RFC-642 Rename dax_ppdb to dax_apdb (and PPDB to APDB in general)
- is triggering
DM-23214 Migrate Cassandra development branch to APDB
DM-22196 Update DMTN-027 package names and links.
- relates to
DM-21877 Create "marker" Butler dataset for PPDB
DM-22511 Official-Release Jenkins job failure
- links to
- mentioned in
|Status||To Do [ 10001 ]||In Progress [ 3 ]|
|Remote Link||This issue links to "Package renaming procedure (Web Link)" [ 22401 ]|
Krzysztof Findeisen, I'm getting ready for sending bunch of PRs on this ticket for review but I'd prefer to wait until
DM-21877 is merged if it's not too long. Do you know when that is going to happen?
I'm not sure. Please don't wait on my account; it may be easier to do the rebase in the other direction, anyway.
I think this is ready for review, Jenkins built it successfully yesterday (https://ci.lsst.codes/blue/organizations/jenkins/stack-os-matrix/detail/stack-os-matrix/30760/pipeline). There are total 7 packages touched with a lot of renaming in every one of them.
I do not want to burden a single person with the review so I'm going to split it semi-randomly between Chris and Krzysztof, with notebooks left to Meredith:
- dax_ppdb, dax_apdb, ap_association - Chris Morrison [X]
- verify, ap_pipe, ap_verify - Krzysztof Findeisen
- ap_pipe-notebooks - Meredith Rawls
dax_apdb is still in lsst-dm at this point but it will be moved to a lsst org after review. All existing branches are preserved in the new repo at the time of fork, development should switch to new package once this renaming is finished.
|Reviewers||Chris Morrison, Krzysztof Findeisen, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, krzys, mrawls ]|
|Status||In Progress [ 3 ]||In Review [ 10004 ]|
I'm trying to test the changes, but setting up pipe_tasks or obs_decam causes me to set up dax_ppdb. This seems to be a quirk of how the weekly builds create their EUPS files (all dependencies rather than just direct ones); is this going to cause problems between ticket merge and the following weekly?
Hmm, there is probably some other package pulling that dax_ppdb dependency that I missed, looking into it now.
Krzysztof Findeisen, I think it's a usual eups quirk, table files in the release have all flatten dependencies in them at the time of the release. I do not know how to handle this correctly until the next weekly build, but there are two options:
- clone pipe_tasks and setup it from local directory
- say setup --inexact -k pipe_tasks (or ap_pipe) (after setting up locally cloned packages)
The repos assigned to me look good, aside from some incomplete replacements (especially of the full phrase "Prompt Products Database").
|Reviewers||Chris Morrison, Krzysztof Findeisen, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, krzys, mrawls ]||Chris Morrison, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, mrawls ]|
Found one more dependency. Jonathan Sick, could you check pipelines_lsst_io PR? It's one line change that I know should work, but I do not know how to test that.
|Reviewers||Chris Morrison, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, mrawls ]||Chris Morrison, Jonathan Sick, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, jsick, mrawls ]|
Andy Salnikov make sure you update the doc directory at the same time; particularly the content of manifest.yaml and the name of the lsst.dax.ppdb" directory.
|Comment||[ [~salnikov] that looks good. Feel free to merge; we'll find out with the daily documentation build. ]|
Jonathan Sick, thanks for catching that, actually manifest was already OK, but I forgot to rename doc/lsst.dax.ppdb. Everything should be OK on a branch now, and I will need to merge all branches at the same time.
For my piece (ap_pipe-notebooks), the changes were straightforward, thank you. As noted on GitHub, I would appreciate if you could also update two READMEs in that repo since some of the material falls somewhere in between "record of past work" and "examples for future use." Explicitly noting breaking changes like this in the README, as there is no docs directory, can only help future users.
Andy Salnikov, the pipelines_lsst_io and doc directory of dax_apdb look good. Thanks!
|Reviewers||Chris Morrison, Jonathan Sick, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, jsick, mrawls ]||Chris Morrison, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, mrawls ]|
|Reviewers||Chris Morrison, Meredith Rawls [ cmorrison, mrawls ]||Chris Morrison [ cmorrison ]|
Hey, Andy Salnikov, finished my set of packages. You're clear to mark it reviewed from my end.
Thank you all reviewers! I'm updating ticket as reviewed. After rebasing Jenkins looks happy with my branch build (https://ci.lsst.codes/blue/organizations/jenkins/stack-os-matrix/detail/stack-os-matrix/30802/pipeline) so I'm going to merge all PRs soon.
|Status||In Review [ 10004 ]||Reviewed [ 10101 ]|
|Remote Link||This issue links to "Page (Confluence)" [ 22472 ]|
Announcement went here: https://community.lsst.org/t/completing-renaming-of-dax-ppdb-into-dax-apdb/3938
All is merged, packages were moved between organizations. I started Jenkins build with master to see if anything breaks: https://ci.lsst.codes/blue/organizations/jenkins/stack-os-matrix/detail/stack-os-matrix/30808/pipeline
OK, Jenkins build of master was OK, so I declare success and close this ticket. Any problems that we find later should be followed up on new tickets.
|Resolution||Done [ 10000 ]|
|Status||Reviewed [ 10101 ]||Done [ 10002 ]|
DM-21877is adding a few more references to lsst.dax.ppdb.Ppdb to lsst.verify and the obs packages, so there will have to be a rebase between these two tickets.