As explained in
DM-22382 it would speed up script launching significantly if we launch scripts with a lower masterPriority than some other existing SAL component. The obvious choice is to use a value lower than the masterPriority of the ScriptQueue itself.
Unfortunately, it appears that master priority cannot be set programmatically. However, it suffices to set the value when the Domain Participant is created. So I propose the following:
- When the ScriptQueue starts up it reads the OpenSplice configuration file pointed to by OSPL_URI.
- If it finds "masterPriority=<number>" then it writes a copy of the file to a temporary directory with masterPriority=0 and changes OSPL_URI to point to the copy.
- Thus we only have to maintain a single copy of the configuration file and any scripts that are launched will use masterPriority=0.
Note: it turns out that the following bit of configuration is not relevant or useful for speeding up script startup (ADLINK reported this on a recent ticket and I have confirmed it with the speed test I sent to ADLink). Apparently it only affects a more persistent form of durability than we use: