This is the ticket to actually perform the switch to the conda environments based on the conda-forge channel as well as the conda compilers.
This involves a few changes across a few repos to fully implement. Those changes are equivalent to adding a new compiler and a new conda environment, since that is what we are doing.
- A rebase of all branches in
DM-23835, a new conda test tag
- Small changes to ci-scripts (specifically ccutils for conda compiler)
- A final verification with ci jobs and stack demo
- Verification the tarballs work
- Updates to jenkins-dm-jobs (specifically the YAML configuration, and some jobs)
- A publishing of a new daily release with the new conda environment (including tarballs)
This change implicitly also means updating the versions of several third party packages, such as cfitsio.