Task: create a one-page checklist or "cheat sheet", as a Confluence page or Technote, for staff to follow when flowing down a requirements change to V&V activities and documents that are affected.
In creating LCR-2378, which requests a change to two LSE-61 requirements (DMS-REQ-0347 and DMS-REQ-0043), I started thinking about the process of flowing these changes down to the V&V system.
Once the LCR has passed, we will need to:
- Edit the requirements text in MagicDraw;
- Reissue LSE-61;
- Propagate the changed requirements text to the associated verification elements (LVV-178 and LVV-18);
- Edit the "Description" text of the verification elements to match;
- Identify the affected test cases (both of these LVV's are connected to multiple test cases);
- Edit these test cases:
- Create new versions (typically "2.0") of them, to avoid breaking referential integrity of tests already performed;
- Set their status to "Draft";
- Edit the test script as needed; and
- Obtain approval for the change; then:
- Reissue test specifications containing these test cases; and
- Update test cycles containing these test cases as appropriate.
Can Step 3 be executed successfully with the Syndeia tooling?
Otherwise, the rest of the steps above appear to require hand work. This makes having a checklist (which doesn't have to be very much more substantive than the above, if I got it right) really useful.
In particular I would very much like to avoid the risk of users accidentally applying changes to existing versions of test cases, particularly if they've already been executed. There is apparently NO engineering control that prevents this.
The same need will shortly arise regarding a large set of requirements changes for the Science Platform.
I'd like to ask if someone in the V&V core team can draw up such a checklist.