Fix Version/s: None
Team:Data Access and Database
This effort has two goals:
- testing if Qserv would work and it would be stable in a configuration which has more than one XRootD redirector per one master node
- evaluating potential performance and stability benefits of this architecture
All observations, results would have to be documented as comments posted along the line of this ticket, or documents attached to the ticket.
This ticket doesn't have any code. Hence any reviewing (if any) should be done based on procedures and results explained hereafter.
All tests will be implemented ad-hoc using an existing Docker container:
- the base container deps_20200806_2043:
- Qserv container tag: qserv/qserv:tickets_
- XRootD version: lsst-dev-gdbde5f0c33 (obtained from eups list | grep xroot run inside the container). This corresponds to the "affinity" branch of the software: https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/tree/affinity
Note that the container did not build specifically for this investigation. It was used here only because it already has a desired version of XRootD which supports many redirectors per host