Uploaded image for project: 'Data Management'
  1. Data Management
  2. DM-27414

Update ts_rotator and ts_hexapod for renamed XML

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Story
    • Status: Done
    • Resolution: Done
    • None
    • None
    • 1
    • TSSW Sprint - Nov 9 - Nov 23
    • Telescope and Site
    • No

    Description

      Update ts_rotator and ts_hexapod to accommodate renamed XML: Rotator -> MTRotator and Hexapod -> MTHexapod

      Also rename the packages to ts_MTRotator and ts_MTHexapod (though the final rename on github should probably be done after merging the other changes).

      Attachments

        Issue Links

          Activity

            On 11 November this ticket was discussed in parking lot of the TSSW daily standup and it was decided to reassign it to wvreeven since rowen is on holidays this week and we'd like to have this done this week.

            wvreeven Wouter van Reeven added a comment - On 11 November this ticket was discussed in parking lot of the TSSW daily standup and it was decided to reassign it to wvreeven since rowen is on holidays this week and we'd like to have this done this week.

            As per request by rowen I am also renaming the Telemetry topic MTRotator_Application to MTRotator_application.

            wvreeven Wouter van Reeven added a comment - As per request by rowen I am also renaming the Telemetry topic MTRotator_Application to MTRotator_application.

            Doing the full rename proved to be beyond me so I am only doing ts_xml.

            wvreeven Wouter van Reeven added a comment - Doing the full rename proved to be beyond me so I am only doing ts_xml.
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment - - edited

            Merging is blocked until I release ts_salobj 6.1 and some associated packages (including ts_hexrotcomm, ts_hexapod and ts_rotator). See DM-27601 for details.

            I renamed ts_hexapod to ts_mthexapod and ts_rotator to ts_mtrotator. tribeiro requested use of lowercase and I prefer it myself, though it does make the names look a bit strange. I have not yet renamed the repositories, because I need to finish DM-27601 first. But I have renamed the namespaces, e.g. lsst.ts.hexapod is now lsst.ts.mthexapod, and the conda packages, e.g. ts-hexapod is now ts-mthexapod.

            At this point DM-27601 is merged so I just renamed the github repos to match.

            To avoid confusion between the MTHexapod and MTRotator ts_idl enum modules and the CSC package names I modified ts_hexrotcomm, ts_hexapod, and ts_rotator to import the enum classes from these modules, e.g. from lsst.ts.idl.enums.MTHexapod import ControllerState. This change turned out to be unnecessary. Originally I thought I was going to rename the packages and namespaces with CamelCase, e.g. ts_MTHexapod, and that would have made this change far more important. I still think this change is an improvement, but am not entirely happy with it. Feel free to push back. It would be easy to undo.

            Pull requests:

            rowen Russell Owen added a comment - - edited Merging is blocked until I release ts_salobj 6.1 and some associated packages (including ts_hexrotcomm, ts_hexapod and ts_rotator). See DM-27601 for details. I renamed ts_hexapod to ts_mthexapod and ts_rotator to ts_mtrotator. tribeiro requested use of lowercase and I prefer it myself, though it does make the names look a bit strange. I have not yet renamed the repositories, because I need to finish DM-27601 first. But I have renamed the namespaces, e.g. lsst.ts.hexapod is now lsst.ts.mthexapod , and the conda packages, e.g. ts-hexapod is now ts-mthexapod . At this point DM-27601 is merged so I just renamed the github repos to match. To avoid confusion between the MTHexapod and MTRotator ts_idl enum modules and the CSC package names I modified ts_hexrotcomm, ts_hexapod, and ts_rotator to import the enum classes from these modules, e.g. from lsst.ts.idl.enums.MTHexapod import ControllerState . This change turned out to be unnecessary. Originally I thought I was going to rename the packages and namespaces with CamelCase, e.g. ts_MTHexapod, and that would have made this change far more important. I still think this change is an improvement, but am not entirely happy with it. Feel free to push back. It would be easy to undo. Pull requests: https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_idl/pull/48 https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_config_mttcs/pull/10 https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_hexrotcomm/pull/25 https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_mthexapod/pull/29 https://github.com/lsst-ts/ts_mtrotator/pull/26

            I found several minor points to improve and one major one (in ts_mtrotator) but otherwise the changes look really good to me.

            wvreeven Wouter van Reeven added a comment - I found several minor points to improve and one major one (in ts_mtrotator) but otherwise the changes look really good to me.
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment -

            Thank you for a great review. I made all the suggested fixes and released:

            • ts_config_mttcs v0.6.0
            • ts_idl v2.2.0
            • ts_hexrotcomm v0.11.0
            • ts_mthexapod v0.10.0
            • ts_mtrotator v0.9.0
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment - Thank you for a great review. I made all the suggested fixes and released: ts_config_mttcs v0.6.0 ts_idl v2.2.0 ts_hexrotcomm v0.11.0 ts_mthexapod v0.10.0 ts_mtrotator v0.9.0

            People

              rowen Russell Owen
              rowen Russell Owen
              Wouter van Reeven
              Russell Owen, Wouter van Reeven
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Jenkins

                  No builds found.