If there is a fault condition such as an e-stop pressed then the clearError command oscillates between the "FAULT" and "STANDBY" state forever. I think it should got to FAULT and stay in FAULT.
I observed this in today's testing. I believe the sequence was:
- Use the EUI to put the controller into DDS mode
- Use the hexapod commander to issue "enterControl" to the CSC
- The state goes to FAULT
- Use the hexapod commander to issue "clearError" to the CSC
- The state oscillates between FAULT and STANDBY. I see no sign that it will ever stop doing this.
That's the core of the problem above. But we continued as follows:
- Use the hexapod commander to issue "exitControl" to the CSC. The oscillation stopped.
- Use the EUI to issue "clearError". The oscillation resumed (as reported to the commander).