The task FgcmLoadReferenceCatalogTask is a layer on top of LoadIndexedReferenceObjectsTask that provides these additional features:
- Loads multiple reference filters at once.
- Integrated referenceSelector
- Applies color terms (if configured)
- Ability to select by healpix number (on top of loadSkyCircle)
- Returns the catalog as a convenient numpy record array.
After discussions with Keith Bechtol I realized that with modest modification this will be ideal for use in faro. This ticket will move this task from fgcmcal to meas_algorithms, rename everything to remove "fgcm" name references, and add additional features including the option to return pandas dataframes.
This ticket does not solve the question of how to update the underlying LoadIndexedReferenceObjectsTask to be a better gen3 citizen.