DM-30186 a migration script is being written to convert Postgres registries from integer IDs to UUIDs.
That work indicated that sqlite wouldn't support the same approach. Given that sqlite is file-based a much easier scheme is to migrate by creating an entirely new cloned registry with the UUIDs.
This can be implemented as something like:
- Retrieve dimensions config
- Export dataset type / collections / dimension records
- Create new repo with same configuration and same dimensions config
- Import the definitions.
- Run Butler.transfer_from to migrate all the datasets
- Deal with calibration and tagged collection membership.