Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: ctrl_mpexec, daf_butler, obs_base, pipe_base, utils
Run black and isort on all middleware packages, then add a GitHub action such as https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/integrations/github_actions.html to ensure formatting is maintained.
I've done utils since I know there wasn't any pending work associated with it and I already had the resources package to lean on as an example.
I think this is ready for review. PRs are:
- https://github.com/lsst/utils/pull/110 (mostly done by Tim Jenness , already reviewed by me)
I don't think it's worthwhile for anybody to look at all of these in detail, and the last two comments on
RFC-809 explain all of the non-mechanical, non-configuration changes (as do the commit messages, which are same across packages). But it'd be good to at least scan those commit messages and spot-check commits other than the big mechanical "run black and isort" ones.
There are also still complaints about MyPy in utils and daf_butler, due to a new version of that appearing on pypi. If I can get that version with conda before I merge, I'll fix the problems here; if I can't, I'll pin the mypy version in the GHA. In any case, I think it's best to consider that distinct from the rest of the ticket, even if it ends up on the same branches.
Update: mypy changes were not quite what I expected; the daf_butler GHA had already pinned mypy, and this just needed to be propagated to utils to get that working. And the problems with mypy in daf_butler were real, and caused by this ticket: black moved around some "type: ignore" annotations. Both issues now fixed.
I've added utils to the list.