There are only a few places left that obs_test is used. These are, as follows:
- pipe_tasks/tests/test_photoCal.py (via the mapper used in the gen2 refobjloader)
- meas_astrom/tests/test_astrometryTask.py (via the mapper)
- meas_astrom/tests/test_directMatch.py (via the mapper)
- meas_astrom/tests/test_joinMatchListWithCatalog.py (via the mapper)
And obs_test is included in the eups table in the lsst_obs and lsst_apps metapackage (which is included by lsst_distrib.
I have played around with how to update these tests to remove the dependency on obs_test which will allow us to move obs_test to legacy. I've settled on the following, currently on user branches:
In summary, the changes are:
- In meas_algorithms:
- Add a test_refObjLoader.py that tests the gen3 reference object loader (and removing the gen2 tests).
- Add a new testUtils.MockLoadReferenceObjects which can be used for tests that just need to have a hook to load reference objects from a local file, and don't want to worry about a full butler ingest.
- In meas_astrom:
- Update tests to use the new MockLoadReferenceObjects which allows us to remove the obs_test _mapper from the test data directory, and also remove all gen2 usage from the tests.
- In pipe_tasks:
- Rewrite test_makeDiscreteSkyMap.py to test the task directly without needing butler infrastructure.
- Remove the gen2 only tests from test_transform.py.
- Update test_photoCal.py to use the new MockLoadReferenceObjects.