Status: To Do
Not driven by requirements, but just an assessment of improvements that would assist the workflows that might take advantage of this tool, and in decreasing order of importance:
- The tool doesn't follow the contemporary Firefly convention of making coordinates uniformly available for copy-to-clipboard via an icon.
- The coordinates reported are always in equatorial sexagesimal, regardless of the settings of the associated image display; this is surprising UX and makes the tool harder to use in some contexts.
- It would be useful to provide pixel coordinates of the four identified locations, in FITS or zero-based coordinates as configured for the associated image (or selectable).
- It's far outside the original requirement, but the ability to produce an image histogram from this dialog would be most useful.
- Integration with the newer "extract" tools should be explored.
- The exact pixel frame of the rectangle on the image, in pixel coordinates, is not reported, but would be useful for downstream use and/or reproducibility.
- It would be useful to be able to use the points identified in a similar build-up-a-table workflow to that of the new point-extract tool.
See also DM-36293 for providing the median among the statistics.