Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Developer Infrastructure
Refactor how we manage copyright and license information in stack repositories
- Identify a list of packages to process
- build and test an automated system of
- adding a global COPYRIGHT to each repo. Content will be “Copyright YYYY-YYYY The LSST DM Developers”. Years will be determined by git history.
- adding a GPLv3 license file to each repo.
- changing the boilerplate in all files to say "See the COPYRIGHT and LICENSE files in the top-level directory of this package for notices and licensing terms.” Use https://gist.github.com/ktlim/fdaea18ab3d39afdfa8e
- automatically branch, commit, merge and push
And deploy this automated system.