I have realised that the parsing in makeDocs can be handled by the standard csv package so I removed the bespoke parsing code and replaced it with two lines that simply specify the delimiter and quote character. This seems to work fine. The changes are in a different branch: tickets/
I have modified the sconsUtils patch such that _quote_paths returns a string that has been space-joined. This is better than doing the join each time. I don't want to move the support functions up a level as I'm not sure I want to pollute the builders namespace with something that is not going to be needed elsewhere and is currently doxygen-specific.
Please take a look at the new versions.