Simon, thanks for the review. Responses below:
1. Links to the astrometry.net website already existed under the subheadings:
- Build a FITS Binary Table (one link)
- Build Indexes (3 links)
Another was added to the new info block (Split the Sky into Pieces) in:
Where else would you recommend links?
2. Updated download command to curl.
3. The scripts are now also attached to the page and links to download the files are embedded in the text.
4. Regrettably, a "hide source" feature is not offered in Confluence.
5. Files could be compressed in a variety of formats, and the supporting libraries for the various MIME types do not appear to be uniformly rich. The suggested capability may be added in a future rev of this page.
6. Example of andConfig.py added.
7. (from Paul) hpsplit is now mentioned in an Info block. It is not necessary for the catalog used in this tutorial, and would clutter the narrative to explain it fully. So I've mostly deferred to the Astrometry.net page. I can always embellish this tutorial later if users stumble on this point.