Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Stack Documentation and UX
Team:Data Release Production
Mandeep Gill (SLAC) will work for a period of three months on documentation of scientific algorithms for LSST.
He will overhaul the existing documentation of the Tasks provided by LSST. He will focus on:
- Does the documentation describe the algorithms being implemented at an appropriate level for the astronomer to understand how their data is being processed?
- Does the documentation describe how to apply the algorithms at a level appropriate for the developer to understand how to use the task?
- How can the material be most usefully presented?
- How can we best ensure that future Tasks provide high quality documentation with a minimum of developer effort (e.g. by providing appropriate templates)?
In addition to developing a proposal for how this documentation can be most effectively developed and maintained in the future, he will start converting existing documentation to the new model. Within the three month period of this work, we expect that some significant portion, but not necessarily all, of the existing Tasks will have been converted to the new model.
Deliverables for this work are therefore:
- A description of the new Task documentation system;
- Supporting materials to enable other developers to easily document tasks in this system;
- A collection of documented Tasks.
This epic covers the first two months of this work; deliverables will not be available upon completion.