Maria, thanks a lot for review and all comments! I want to continue the discussion here so other interested people can join (also JIRA is probably easier to search for info later).
So here it goes:
OK, I wrote out all the covariance matrices and think that all the fields that should be here are here now, with the exception that I think (just noting for the future) - apFlux* in DIASource table might need many fields at some point for additional aperture sizes.
I am already worrying about the size of the data in the L1 database, this recent update to DPDD added a lot more columns than it removed. This will definitely have an impact on sizing model, I hope someone is looking into it.
I think everywhere *Sigma should really be *Err and the UCD types were correct before, according to naming conventions
Here I'm not so sure which one is better. I can try to explain my reasoning when I changes "stat.error" to "stat.stdev" - DPDD states that we save covariance matrices for parameter estimates. For off-diagonals we do exactly that and we call columns "x_y_Cov" with UCD="stat.covariance". But for diagonals we do not store them directly, instead I assume we store square root of that; the diagonals in the matrix are variances and their square roots are standard deviations frequently called sigma. So if you say that covariance matrix is stored in this strange way then it's natural to call those columns xyzSigma and their UCD "stat.stdev". Of course those sigmas should be understood as related to estimates of the parameters (error of the mean) and not to the original distribution (if there is any).
I do think we need a better and less confusing way to store covariance matrices in database. I hope I can propose something in the future. For now let me return all UCDs back to stat.error but keep column names (basically revert everything back).
totFluxErr’s UCD should be phot.count;stat.error
Thanks, changed it to "stat.error;phot.count".
If there is confusion/disagreement on this generally (I think there might be because I am also confused), then I would suggest that at least the UCD types revert back to what they were originally and a new ticket to possibly change/reconsider field names in the change-controlled LDM-153 be started, if people are happier with that order of decisions.
Let me think for some time on what I said above about covariances, I'll open RFC when I have some idea.
Not an edit made on this PR, but for the UCD combinations special word combinations that are currently written as e.g., “stat.error;pos.eq.ra”, for anything in combination with a stat* or meta* qualifier, it is suggested to write the qualifier after the quantity. So “pos.eq.ra;stat.error”.
According to http://www.ivoa.net/documents/REC/UCD/UCDlist-20070402.html#_Toc163276347 stat.error, stat.covariance, and stat.stdev keywords are primary and have to appear first, so I think our current approach is consistent with UCD recommendations.
Small capitalization things - In DIAObject table- For the PSFlux and FPFlux etc entries, this reference for naming conventions prefers camel case...
Well, I'm not quite sure, that convention does not say anything about camel case for acronyms. I guess we need more detailed convention if we want to worry about these cases. I'm OK with anything, so I'll keep it as it is for now, for MOID I just follow whatever is written in DPDD.
In the DIAObject table- small typo: *fpFluxMean says “fliter” in the description instead of “filter"
parentDiaSourceId description should be “Id of the parent diaSource this diaSource has been deblended from”
In the naming conventions here, it suggests that we use row and col instead of x and y
I'd suggest a new ticket to check for all naming conventions (and maybe improving conventions themselves).
apFluxErr in the UCD field should be phot.count;stat.error
Changed to "stat.error;phot.count".
I have pushed the fixes to UCDs and comments, there is still chance to look at them and complain if something is wrong. Will merge with master on ~Monday.