Server side now handles the expressions and passes 14 significant digits, which the client can handle.
This ticket addresses the following issues:
- Flexible histogram tooltip precision based on the bin width. You should not see bin ranges like "0.000000 to 0.000000" for when the boundaries are small numbers.
- Histogram and heatmap now handle quoted column names and expressions. (Can be tested with NED.)
- Histogram options will show range for quoted and unquoted columns.
- Expressions for all charts are now handled by database. (There will be a separate ticket for cleanup.)
Original description (Nov.16):
Histogram display is incorrect for large long values. There are several aspects contributing to this issue:
1. The data from the server should be passed at the full precision the client can handle.
To solve this issue, we can either set the format string or avoid formatting table data when passing them in JSON (which would be a separate ticket).
2. For large long numbers we are loosing precision twice:
First, when converting log to double on server side:
To solve these issues, the server side code constructing bins should be using the same precision the client side can handle.