Uploaded image for project: 'Data Management'
  1. Data Management
  2. DM-8461

Wrap pipe_tasks with pybind11

    Details

      Description

      Fix issues in pybind11 wrapping revealed in pipe_tasks.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment -

            Excellent work. I had one small tweak to a comment (remove or reword) in pipe_tasks, but you can change it or not as you see fit.

            Show
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment - Excellent work. I had one small tweak to a comment (remove or reword) in pipe_tasks, but you can change it or not as you see fit.
            Hide
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment -

            Russell Owen I've updated afw, meas_base, ip_isr, and pipe_tasks. Can you take another look?

            Show
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment - Russell Owen I've updated afw , meas_base , ip_isr , and pipe_tasks . Can you take another look?
            Hide
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment - - edited

            Looks like cleaning this up is best left to DM-8716 after all. getD, at least, is used by some very high level packages like analysis and testingPipeQA. I'll wrap the Swig specializations for now.

            Show
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment - - edited Looks like cleaning this up is best left to DM-8716 after all. getD , at least, is used by some very high level packages like analysis and testingPipeQA . I'll wrap the Swig specializations for now.
            Hide
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment -

            Due to performance I still lean towards leaving the code along and emulating the old API, but either solution is acceptable to me as long as all code is changed, not just the code that happens to be exposed by the unit tests we have run so far. In other words, I think a global search for each of the missing type-specific "get" method is required. It isn't difficult, just a minor nuisance.

            Show
            rowen Russell Owen added a comment - Due to performance I still lean towards leaving the code along and emulating the old API, but either solution is acceptable to me as long as all code is changed, not just the code that happens to be exposed by the unit tests we have run so far. In other words, I think a global search for each of the missing type-specific "get" method is required. It isn't difficult, just a minor nuisance.
            Hide
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment -

            Since it's not clear to me that the suffixed names should be part of the public BaseRecord interface, I would prefer to replace the names with get unless Russell has strong objections.

            Show
            krzys Krzysztof Findeisen added a comment - Since it's not clear to me that the suffixed names should be part of the public BaseRecord interface, I would prefer to replace the names with get unless Russell has strong objections.

              People

              • Assignee:
                krzys Krzysztof Findeisen
                Reporter:
                pschella Pim Schellart [X] (Inactive)
                Reviewers:
                Russell Owen
                Watchers:
                Jim Bosch, Krzysztof Findeisen, Pim Schellart [X] (Inactive), Russell Owen
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: