Uploaded image for project: 'Data Management'
  1. Data Management
  2. DM-8640

Update deblender docstring

    Details

    • Type: Story
    • Status: Done
    • Resolution: Done
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      The current docstring for the deblender is missing descriptions for more than half of the parameters and an improved description.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          swinbank John Swinbank added a comment - - edited

          Thanks Fred: this is great! You win this week's for documentation.

          I left a bunch of nitpicky comments on the PR. a few minor formatting issues and requests for clarification, but nothing substantial.

          Show
          swinbank John Swinbank added a comment - - edited Thanks Fred: this is great! You win this week's for documentation. I left a bunch of nitpicky comments on the PR. a few minor formatting issues and requests for clarification, but nothing substantial.
          Hide
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment -

          I updated the docstrings based on your feedback. You might want to have a quick look since I changed the deblend format a little. I also posted on slack to see if anyone thinks there will be a problem removing the unused variable from lsst.meas.deblender.baseline.deblend. If there are no objections by the end of the day tomorrow I'll remove the variable and merge the commit (after testing it, of course).

          Show
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment - I updated the docstrings based on your feedback. You might want to have a quick look since I changed the deblend format a little. I also posted on slack to see if anyone thinks there will be a problem removing the unused variable from lsst.meas.deblender.baseline.deblend . If there are no objections by the end of the day tomorrow I'll remove the variable and merge the commit (after testing it, of course).
          Hide
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment -

          DM-8677 was opened to use the unused parameter assignStrayFlux in place of findStrayFlux, and deprecate findStrayFlux.

          Show
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment - DM-8677 was opened to use the unused parameter assignStrayFlux in place of findStrayFlux , and deprecate findStrayFlux .
          Hide
          swinbank John Swinbank added a comment -

          Looks almost perfect. Two trivial suggestions:

          • The docstring of _fitPsfs could do with an extra blank line;
          • I'd note the ticket number (DM-8677, as above) next to the "TODO" in the source to make the coupling between them very clear.

          Feel free to go ahead and merge. And thanks, this is a vast improvement!

          Show
          swinbank John Swinbank added a comment - Looks almost perfect. Two trivial suggestions: The docstring of _fitPsfs could do with an extra blank line; I'd note the ticket number ( DM-8677 , as above) next to the "TODO" in the source to make the coupling between them very clear. Feel free to go ahead and merge. And thanks, this is a vast improvement!
          Hide
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment -

          Merged

          Show
          fred3m Fred Moolekamp added a comment - Merged

            People

            • Assignee:
              fred3m Fred Moolekamp
              Reporter:
              fred3m Fred Moolekamp
              Reviewers:
              John Swinbank
              Watchers:
              Fred Moolekamp, John Swinbank
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Summary Panel