Fix Version/s: None
Team:Data Release Production
This ticket is intended just to capture blockers for starting a full-stack cleanup of the pybind11 branch prior to merge. That phase will involve two kinds of work we don't want to start too early:
- Small, minimally disruptive changes to existing Python or C++ APIs that greatly improve the pybind11 wrappers (generally in terms of code simplicity or performance). We don't want to make these changes without having very good test coverage in place.
- Global changes to how we define wrappers that we don't want to make twice.
Therefore, before that cleanup phase begins, we want to:
- have our coding conventions for pybind11 fully settled so we don't need to revisit files again later;
- have any utility code required by the conventions in place;
- have as many contributed-upstream pybind11 features in place as possible;
- have enough of the stack wrapped to handle high-level integration testing (particularly ci_hsc).