Fix Version/s: None
Team:Data Access and Database
A development playground (multi-node, consisting of czar, several workers, and some test data) is needed for prototyping data distribution and replication. It is anticipated that this will be a non-containerized deployment on NCSA OpenStack VMs in order to facilitate rapid development.
The general plan for this effort includes the following steps:
- create and configure 1 master and 10 worker nodes
- external access to the cluster via the Floating IP of the master node
- user accounts and security: create user qserv, configure ssh, etc.
- allocate 11 volumes (one per node) for data and databases
- setup an NFS server on master to export some local folder to all workers for sharing LSST Stack and other relevant LSST packages
- setup the minimally required *RPM*s to support the software deployment and development efforts
- build a local copy of the LSST stack and other relevant package on the exported volume
- configure and start Qserv (using Docker container) on all nodes
- IMPORTANT: make a snapshot of the VMs of all instances
- import a data set (a subset of chunks of PDAC's wise or stripe82)