This RFC seeks to baseline numerous changes to the Science Pipelines (formerly, "Applications") Design document that came as a result of the Science Pipelines Definition Working Group activity.
The changes harmonize LDM-151 with the updated DPDD (LSE-163), the present state of the science pipeline software, and future plans. They include:
- Updated introduction to reflect the current DPDD and LDM-148
- Updates to pipeline descriptions and workflow diagrams of Level 1 and 2 productions
- Update to Calibration Products production to reflect current calibration plans
- Introduction of Algorithmic Components and Software Primitives sections
- Removal of SUI and QA sections, which have their own documents
- Significantly increased level of detail across all areas
- Addition of new co-authors Eric Bellm, Hsin-Fang Chiang, Steve Pietrowicz, David Reiss, Peter Yoachim.
- Moving of Robert Lupton to head the author list, to signify that the future ownership of this document is with the Pipelines Scientist and the DM Systems Engineering team.
Remaining know issues with this document have been recorded in DM-10481 and its child issues.
The version of LDM-151 linked below will be considered for adoption at the DMLT F2F meeting May 9-11, 2017. Everyone is encouraged to read the document and report any issues that may rise to the level of blocking the adoption. New co-authors (Eric Bellm, Hsin-Fang Chiang, Steve Pietrowicz, David Reiss, Peter Yoachim) are required to explicitly confirm they're OK with being on the document (it's sufficient to leave a comment here stating that).
- Proposed new LDM-151 is attached to this issue (see below)
- Current baseline