In order to properly include in the product tree all packages resolved via lsst_distrib, it is necessary to provide the following information, in each package git repository:
- Short name of the package, a text to display in the (yellow box) of the product tree (max 18 characters)
- Suggestion: It could follow the namespace naming rules, but first letter capital
- Key string, 2 to 7 character, it shall be unique, the shorter the better, it has to be used for automatic process building the product tree
- Examples, JCAL for jointcal, ASTMT for astro_metadata_translator, DAFB for daf_butler,
- Reference person(s), someone that has the best knowledge on that software package and is usually maintaining it, 2 references can be given
- Proposed format: github_username (Full Name) [github_username (Full Name)]
The proposal is to add this information in a file, my first thought is a info.yaml in the home folder of each repository.