We are trying to remove usage of pex_policy in our code so that we can retire it. There are some places that use Policy to receive configuration information (via pexConfig.makePolicy) that I would like to change to use pexConfig.makePropertySet.
The routines in question are:
- meas_algorithms.findCosmicRays (called from pipe_tasks and meas_algorithms)
- ip_diffim (psf matching, kernels and regularization), seemingly only calling makePolicy internally.
The proposal is:
- Change the C++ to use PropertySet
- Update the stack code to use the new interface.
- Provide a wrapper Python function that looks for the old API usage and warns, before converting the Policy to PropertySet and proceeding.
- Formally deprecate pexConfig.makePolicy and the Policy usage for these APIs.